• For patients 18 years+ with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis (diagnosed by a Gastroenterologist Physician).
• This program teaches practical mental health skills for living with IBD:
Self Advocacy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Body Connection, Emotion Processing, Mindfulness Meditation, Clinical Hypnosis, and more.
These psychotherapy tools have been shown to be effective or clinically relevant for IBD patients.
• Facillitated by Registered Clinical Counsellors, B.C. Association of Clinical Counsellors (2018: Joshua Paulton, MC RCC), and graduate level intern counsellors.
• Goals: Improving Health Related Quality of Life, Reducing Mental Health Barriers To Treatment, and Attaining Personal Life Goals.
• Meetings are held one to two times per month on Saturday at 4pm. 2018 program dates run from September 29 to December 17. Meetings run for around 1 hour 30 minutes.
• Space is limited - Cost: Free - Starts: Sept. 29, 2018
• Location: St. Paul's Hospital, 1081 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada: Conference Room 6 or 7
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (778) 358-3720 and leave a message.
Please provide your name, phone number, and email. We will contact you to determine eligiblity.
2018 Program Registration is currently OPEN.
Saturday, September 29, 2018: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2018: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday, November 10, 2018: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday, November 24, 2018: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday, December 08, 2018: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM